View Single Post
Old 23 July 2008, 13:06   #28
Leffmann

Ok, long reply:

Adjusting priority had no effect. I have a fast computer and with no other apps running, WinUAE seems to get all the available time slices in any case.

The "Windows Mouse" mouse type was the only one showing different behavior, and it's completely unusable on my system. It displays an accelerating movement behavior as if the way I move my mouse controls a movement delta instead of updating the mouse counters directly.

Setting Windows mouse acceleration on and off changed the way Windows Mouse setting worked into a more smooth and tight motion, but still no change in responsiveness or usability.

Is there an input buffer in UAE which is "feeding" the joydat/potdat registers? If so it seems the read-ahead is simply too large, and this causes the delay.

I think that updating the counters in the same way the buttons are updated should remove this latency. One update of the counters for every register read, or even once per emulated scanline (provided Direct Input or the WinAPI itself can give these many samples per second) would be great.

EDIT: I forgot to try the Mouse Hack setting. With this I get the Amiga pointer directly under the Windows pointer when detached, and here I can clearly see a delay in position when moving the pointer around. Again it's important to point out that button clicks respond immediately, it's ONLY the movement which is delayed.

Last edited by Leffmann; 23 July 2008 at 13:16.

Page generated in 0.04495 seconds with 11 queries