View Single Post
Old 18 April 2002, 06:02   #10

I begun with the Atari 2600.. my Dad bought it when I was about 1 year old.. obviously he didn't but it too me .. I don't know when I begun to play games...

When I was 3 1/2 years old, we got the MSX... (I was already playing the Atari 2600) ..... it came home with 2 cartridges: Frogger and Decatlhon.. the day after, my dad came home with an MSX joystick, and 2 tapes full of games.. The Goonies, Bank-Panic, Sky Jaguar, and many other great games ...
When I was 4 years old, we got the disk-drive, and it took a week to convert all games from tape to disk. Like 6 months laters, my parents got divorced, but I am thankfull to my dad, he left the MSX here

At 5 years, I got interested in programming..
When I was around 6 years , I made my first game... a vertical shoot'em up, using a scrolling routine from a programming book I have. The game had only one kind of enemy, that just moved vertically. You could play the game forever if you had any skill playing game. After that, I coded many games, including a kind of a maze game, a wild west game, and a nice "cyber cycles" game, with a nice AI.

When I was around 8 years old, I got the MSX 2.

When I was 9 years old, my dad got the Amiga. I was gobsmacked with it. The 1st game I played on it was Wings of Fury, and I got impressed with games like Another World , the EXCELLENT version of R-Type and Elite ( I was used with the MSX version) , Speedball 2...
About 6 months later, I had an Amiga too.
The Amiga also was the mark of my fading from programming. I never coded anything on Amiga...
when I was around 12 or 13 years, I got the Mega-Drive. When I gave it away, I had 12 games for it.
When I was 15 years old, I got my Pentium MMX 233, the one I am using to type this message.

Also, in the last 8 years, I also had many consoles for a very short time (Around here we usually would change our machines for like 1-2 months.. my Mega-Drive, Amiga and MSX 1 was many times at friends' house. The MSX2 I never let leave my house ), so I had a PSX, a Neo-Geo, an N64, an SNES and many other machines in a short period of time.
Page generated in 0.05241 seconds with 9 queries