View Single Post
Old 09 July 2008, 23:25   #152
HenryCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Now now, no need to be rude.
I was not being rude, I was being frank.

Quote:
Thats the sign of someone who has lost the argument.
You're a little misguided. For me to be losing an argument we need to have had an argument in the first place. All I have done is point out why you were wrong. An argument is a two way thing, you need to criticise me if we're going to argue.

Quote:
There is no LAW that says I have to be "positive" (read over-optimistic), "give advice" (sure, my advice is not to hold your breath on this one) or "shut up" (come on then, make me.. thats the kind of silly response you want?)
Since when did I say I was the law? Hahahahaha.

All I'm saying is negativity will get us nowhere good, but positivity might buy us time to get somewhere decent. You're advice is not to hold my breath. Fine, I can at least understand where that attitude comes from. If you want to see something succeed but you don't think it will my advice is to shut up (if you don't have something constructive to say). That might sound a little rude to you, but sometimes it helps to be brash to get a message across.

Quote:
Just cos someone doesn't agree with you when you wanna fart sunshine about a project that has not delivered a product or anything yet doesn't mean we are not allowed to express our opinion.
I am pointing out that if you're not convinced the project will succeed, and you have nothing constructive to say, your time is better spent discussing other matters. Better for us all (yourself included). Activity in the modern Amiga scene is somewhat limited, and if farting sunshine helps things happen then I'll continue doing so.

Quote:
Free speech and all - unless you'd rather we only say stuff YOU approve of. It's the internet man, not a Police State!
Perhaps you need to better understand what free speech means. For me to interfere with your free speech I would need to silence you against your will. I am not doing so. I am, believe it or not, giving you advice (in an unconventional form maybe). I support your right to chat shit on the Internet, I just wish you didn't bother.

Last edited by HenryCase; 09 July 2008 at 23:32.

Page generated in 0.06230 seconds with 9 queries