View Single Post
Old 14 April 2002, 03:43   #7
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Smile Reader Warning: Only for those who like reading my rantings on Amiga softography!

@Twistin' & Fiath
You can add these to the Magic Bytes softography:

Biing!!! AGA
Crystal Hammer
Dino Wars
Final Mission
Powerstyx
The Paranoia Complex
Tom & Jerry II (think this was simply perhaps a "bugfixed" or enhanced version of Tom & Jerry- Can anyone confirm? Andreas? Retroman?)

I can confirm that Operation Spruance (aka USS John Young 2?) was *not* a Magic Bytes creation. I own the original and it is 1990 by Parsec Software. However, Magic Bytes did produce North Sea Inferno (aka Persian Gulf Inferno).

I can also verify that Beam, Clever & Smart, Cyber World, Pink Panther, Vampire's Empire and Western Games all have the same sort of nasty copy protection. However, oddly enough, Big Business and Penthouse Hot Numbers DeLuxe are unprotected.

The other thing I've noticed is that for some games the credits have listed micro-partner and/or Magic Bytes and/or reLine and/or Axxiom. I'm guessing that Magic Bytes, reLine and perhaps Axxiom were sub-labels of the parent company, micro-partner. Increasing my suspicion about this is that the copy protection on reLine and Axxiom games seems to be quite similar to that of Magic Bytes, despite the credits revealing no collaboration with Magic Bytes on these games. Also, a compilation called Goldrush published by micro-partner includes games by Magic Bytes, reLine and Axxiom as well as themselves.

As a side note, the US releases of games by these German software houses were almost exclusively done by Digitek Software.

Hope I haven't bored people too much with this post. Wish my memory for this sort of useless trivia was as good as for the more important things that I need to remember!!

Page generated in 0.05446 seconds with 9 queries