View Single Post
Old 13 April 2002, 18:03   #58
Old Luny

I've found Black Crystal (ZX81)

It finally appeared on the net! Black Crystal, one of the first graphic adventure ever made! It is the ZX 81 version I've played so many times!!!!!

I am copying a review:

"The plot of the adventure, which is played in six parts, is to destroy the evil Black Crystal with its malign intelligence before you are destroyed by the Lords of Chaos.

To do so you must get through six maps on which you can move your little player, using the cursor keys. On the first map you must find some rings of power to enter the castles on that map. When you find the rings you may go through the door of the Castle of Shadows or into the dark domain of Shaggoth's Lair.

You must struggle around hidden mazes, fight dragons, and avoid deadly mists. The final conflict is between you and the Lords of Chaos. If you win you will destroy the Black Crystal and peace will reign in the land. If you fail, you and the inhabitants of the land will be doomed to eternal torment."

Here are some pics I've made. You are the "*" thing. You move around loking for the lost rings of power, fighting enemies as they appear.

You see, there is really no action, as all "fights" are text driven.
A text appears telling you what's happening, etc!
Great game, for a 16Kb machine!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackcrystal.png
Views:	230
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	2178  
Page generated in 0.08820 seconds with 10 queries