View Single Post
Old 18 June 2008, 06:24   #110
I hate potatos and shirts
Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Why is the 68070 design like a "200Mhz 040"? Is it based on the 040 design, and if so,why isn't it based on the 060? I was under the impression that the 040 was more inofficient and incompatible compared to the 060 design. I remember 040s needed fans but 060s didn't, I hope the Natami doesn't need a fan. Will programs and games that are 060 optimised work on the Natami? I'm a bit confused, sorry.
The new CPU have the behaviour of the 040, not its issues. A 040 is more compatible with Amiga software than a 060. Of course, 060 pure code will not run. But 000, 020 and 030 will do!

Also, since the SuperAGA chipset is more capable than any Amiga graphics cards, will it be RTG as well? Will games that require a RTG graphics card (using Picasso or CyberGFX) work on and take advantage of the SuperAGA graphics? Or will these games be limited to using optional AGA modes, which many newer games don't even have?
Probably yes. When some coder make a Super-AGA RTG "driver", then we will have the ability to run RTG-games and applications.

Once the Natami is completed, how much extra hardware would be needed to add a modern PPC CPU and AmigaOS4 compatibility? And how would such a system compare to an AmigaOne?
From the site, the NatAmi will have a CPU slot. That's a simple question of put a new accelerator on it. Even a PPC unit.

But don't expect OS4 for it. Legal impediments....

Last edited by rkauer; 10 July 2008 at 23:37.
Page generated in 0.05677 seconds with 9 queries