View Single Post
Old 17 June 2008, 11:30   #18
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
Your right,

That cap does not look too healthy, hopefully the battery leakage has not corroded any devices or tracks... I'm sure it's repairable though
but as you say both are sporting Mach 131's so that's 1 less part you need to worry about.

Speaking off batteries, does anyone know if the Apollo 1240's req a rechargeable batterry type or can it be replaced with a std PCB mount CR2032 button type without modifying the board.

it's a common 3.3v battery...you can replace that with any battery...I remember I replaced it with a common battery found on ancient pc mainboard
also you can solder the battery on the other side....(upper side instead down side of the board) .if the battery is so big
but if you have the apollo scsi module you must solder in the original site..because the scsi module will not fit

btw, I do not recommend any change cpu change on that board......the 060 it's a bit faster than the 040/40mhz...you will not notice any speed difference on workbench or applications or games....but you will notice very quick lot of incompatibility issues....games and applications

Last edited by laser; 17 June 2008 at 11:39.

Page generated in 0.04464 seconds with 11 queries