View Single Post
Old 15 June 2008, 02:40   #1
Dimlow
Likes to be thought of as

Send a message via MSN to Dimlow Send a message via Yahoo to Dimlow
Upgrading Apollo 1240 to 1260 a definitive How To Guide

Today, i purchase two Apollo 1240 40Mhz cards for the Amiga 1200. One of them is busted and i will have a go at repairing it. But i got looking on the forums about converting these cards to 1260's, and could not find a complete and full description of how its done. Just lots of information spread all over the net. Not all if it useful and some of it misleading.

I'm pretty good with electronics and i spend a lot of time making my own PCBs, making things with pic chips and programming eproms, etc. I enjoy hacking hardware. My soldering skills are quite good, i have not managed to bugger anything up yet! I'm guessing that there are other people here that are also interested in this mod.

So , yes, i know that there are people that can do it for me (PG amiga.org) etc, but this task can't really be that difficult. A little scary maybe, but not difficult. So what I'm looking for is a "how to", complete with pictures and full descriptions, hex files for the eproms, even a PCB layout / circuit diagram for the voltage regulator board. How to de-solder and fit the CPU socket and so on

We could make this thread into the "how to". So what I'm not looking for is a list of links to other posts ( unless of course i have already missed the thread with the complete info. An please no do a search posts, i have done that already.

I do have an incentive in mind, for the person that commits the most to this thread, but at the moment, I'm not sure that i should go ahead with it.

Anyway lets get started......

EDIT

i have made a photo album with almost all the detail you need to upgrade the 1240 to a 1260 @80 MHz, it has comments detailing each step.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dimlow/A...adeTo126080Mhz

Last edited by Dimlow; 13 May 2009 at 08:56.

Page generated in 0.04246 seconds with 11 queries