View Single Post
Old 19 May 2008, 03:41   #115
HenryCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
then i suppose that he simply got disaffected or whatever. easy exit: i saw other half- commercial only publications, born as works of passion for a subject, being canned because at a point the work involved is too much for the repay
Whilst that would be quite plausible in other circumstances, I don't know if it fits here. Even if Ralph didn't complete the additions to the book that he is implying are already done, then Amiga users would probably settle for a reprint of the first edition of the book, which would require little/no extra work on his part at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
i'm ok if we disagree and i sincerely hope that all the people waiting for the book will get it in the end.
Absolutely, I'm okay if we disagree too. I respect your maturity in dealing with other peoples views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
Signed the petition. Maybe i'd get a programming mood swing on with this book (if it EVER gets released)!
Nice one Bamiga2002! I'm not much of a programmer either but the Guru Book seems like the most complete Amiga programming source in existence (from other peoples accounts) so I'm interested to see what it covers and in how much depth (and hopefully learn a thing or two from it!). Does anyone with a 1st edition Amiga Guru Book think it is accessible for beginner/intermediate programmers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
EDIT:
AndreasM, you should sign the petition also...
Woah, steady on there! Whilst I'm pretty sure AndreasM would like to see the newly revised book get published, he's already shown his support in other ways. In fact I doubt the possibility of a reprint would have come about if it wasn't for AndreasM's help. Having said that, of course he is welcome to sign the petition too if he wishes.

Page generated in 0.05027 seconds with 9 queries