View Single Post
Old 15 May 2008, 15:56   #97
Global Caturator
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Have you finished it?
Yup, but with a solution hint now and there, I was too hasty to wander the location for ages to find a solution.

I remember just coming to a dead end and wandered around for ages looking for a secret button but to no avail.
That's the spirit of retro games, no leet hints every fucking step ("now press the start button to enter menu and press x to"... ) but it makes you stuck now and then...
Wasn't it a legality-check situation?

Back in the days I remember got stuck on the very first double-headed-ogre level, lol...

One thing I hate in BC are the weapons without any stats, so you wouldn't know which is the most powerful.

I remember there was some kind of a bug with the Bull/Ram god or whatever his name was.
You could do some kind of a sneak-attack when he was around the corner and when you attacked the very minute he would step on the field before you, he would get instantly killed. I remeber I've always had trouble with this guy, but always managed to kill him that way after some time.
Or, it was all just a coincident, dunno...

The reason why I like the game so much is that rather than a port, like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master, Black Crypt was pure Amiga with it's half bright 64 colour palette.
Yes, the spells looked great, the objects, the items, the enemies, everything. Walls might have been all pixelated in the same way, but due to palette changes looked differently almost everywhere - oh, those lovely underwater levels.
Page generated in 0.08413 seconds with 9 queries