View Single Post
Old 14 May 2008, 12:11   #87

Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Bloodwych is an awsome game....

but it aint no captive....
I guess with you and Bip ganging up on Horace, I'll have to even the sides!

I've played Captive intensely back in the day, as I did with many Amiga RPGs as I enjoyed the genre.

It's a fantastic game, better than Bloodwych and many others in a single player fashion. But so are other RPGs in single player..... (you know where I'm going with this, I'm beginning to sound like a parrot). I'd boot them up in an instant over Bloodwych if I'm looking for a single player experience.

Bloodwych was and still is a fantastic and unique multiplayer RPG and for that reason alone it's top of my list. It's the human element that makes the game shine and you can't imagine the depth this adds over a single player experience. The fun, arguments, co-operation, deathmatches, tricks, selfish or generous attitudes and head scratching that goes into the quest is amazing. The dread or panic of being trapped by a beast or falling for a trap. The anger of being accidently killed by your team mate when they mess up a spell like arcbolt or witchwind!

The puzzles are just right in terms of difficulty and rather clever given the limitations they were working with. Love it, love it, love it!

The characters each feel unique and combined with the dialog it draws you into a cult status mindset when you think of it through rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

Bloodwych - for those who dare!

Last edited by Bloodwych; 14 May 2008 at 14:28.
Page generated in 0.05020 seconds with 9 queries