View Single Post
Old 21 April 2008, 14:44   #1
Lightbulb Developer looking for reference material.

Hi all,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, I couldn't really find an entirely appropriate board.

A long story short; Ever since I got my grubby hands on my first A500 nearly 20 years ago, I always wanted to learn how to develop games. Since then, I've grown up and moved on to become a professional developer in the PC world, but have recently rekindled my passion for the Amiga (just finished building my first A1200T, P5 Blizzard 68060, Mediator, Voodoo 5-5500, Networked etc. ).

I've started to turn my hand to putting together a game development framework that I can use to quickly build and prototype games for the A1200 and above. I've done a fair bit of work on the RTG side, but I would also like to add AGA support too.

My question is, does anybody know of any good reference material for the custom chips? I guess specifically at this moment I'm getting a little bit overwhelmed with bobs, gels, vsprites, coppers etc I'm working my way through graphics.library and simple API references don't really cut it.

I'm hoping to get heavily involved in Amiga game development, and I'm willing to make an investment in a good set of books (that specifically cover the features of the A1200+) if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.04850 seconds with 9 queries