AmigaSYS 4 WinUAE released!
With a bit late, but finally the new AmigaSYS has arrived. Perhaps this version took the most time, but not for nothing. Who used the AmigaSYS systems until then, will see the huge differences. The new AmigaDOS 3.0/3.1/3.9 installers are finished with 3-4 times more knowledge and with five language support. I feel, both the new and old users will experience a lot of new and interesting things in AmigaSYS 4. Almost every install is supported, maybe the availability of installing AmigaOS 3.9 without 3.0/3.1 will attract more people to try it...
AmigaSYS 4 Feature list:
Possibilities of the first run:
- Commodore Workbench 3.0,
- Commodore Workbench 3.1,
- Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1,
- AmigaOS 3.9 installing opportunity.
To install Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1, you will need Commodore or Amiga Forever 2006, 2008 Workbench and Extras disks.
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 only needs the Workbench disk (Amiga Forever 5,6, 2005 owners only have the Workbench disk on the CD).
The one disked installer supports the Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1 disk too, but some of the functions (wich are on the Extras disk) are not available.
AmigaOS 3.9: Direct 3.9 installing (not need to install 3.0/3.1) just put the CD into the drive and select this function and wait, the CD will be automatically recognized by the installer.
Supported installer disk:
Commodore Workbench 3.0 Workbench/Extras
Commodore Workbench 3.1 Workbench/Extras
Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1 only Workbench disks.
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 only Workbench (AF 5, 6, 2005)
Amiga Forever Workbench 3.1 Workbench/Extras (2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever Online AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
Amiga Forever Plus AmigaOS 3.9 (AF 5, 6, 2005, 2006, 2008)
H&P AmigaOS 3.9 RED
H&P AmigaOS 3.9 PINK
AmigaOS XL/Amithlon CD 3.9
Fixes in the AmigaDOS installer:
- Button selected options (languages, selection of AmigaOS installing).
- MENU bug fixed (Not executable...).
- 3.0/3.1 install, run bug fixed (Not executable 1 2 etc...).
- Automatic CD/DVD mount, AmigaOS 3.9 CD recognizing, kickstart recognizing (3.0/3.1 only accepts 3.1, supported 3.9 CD will be recognized and the installer will run automatically).
- Fully rewritten 3.0/3.1 installers, wich are knows the options (Commodore Workbench 3.0/3.1/Amiga Forever Workbenchek, 1 or 2 disked install etc)
- Separate AmigaOS 3.9 installers, written for AmigaDOS 3.9.
- Music under AmigaOS 3.0/3.1/3.9 installing, Interference.
- New Outro scripts, pictures from the partners and contributors at the end of the 3.0/3.1/3.9 installing.
- English, Deutsch, Hungarian, Polish, Italian installing languages, 3.0/3.1/3.9 support, claviature map, resolution.
- From 800x600 16 bit to 1680x1050 32 bit resolution select at the AmigaOS 3.0/3.1 part.
- From 1024x768 32 bit to 1680x1050 32 bit resolution select at the AmigaOS 3.9 part.
- Systematized installer units, music, outro, resolution, languages, installers, etc.
- In the Amiga Forever CD/Online/Plus 3.9 installer, you can select to install the built-in AF programs (PPAINT 7.1, Dopus 5, etc), the Online/Plus installer install them automatically and they will available on the drive "Work:".
- A lot of language specific misspell/syntax fault fixed in the AmigaDOS installer.
- ASCII charactered installer helps, (3 step: 1) what should you do, 2) with what, 3) how start the installer)
- Installer protection, if you choose a bad installer, you can restart anytime.
- A lot of external, rewritten (replacement) program was used.
- New versions of AmigaSYS CheckCD CheckKick for AmigaOS 3.9.
Fully 5 language support for:
- Button selected menus
- Help files
- Installers 3.0/3.1/3.9
- About menu
- AmigaSYS special settings
- resolutions, languages select
You asks whats behind these?
AmiStart has it's menu items in the selected language too! (e.g Games/Spielen/Játékok/Gry/Giochi), not only the system, but the AmiStart program names too.
Programs, optimized for different languages:
- IBrowse presets
- MCP, MCP3.0/3.1 topaz overseed
- Lipidclock 1.12/1.16 every language with its characters, special characters too
- MUI 3.0/3.1/3.9 without MUI Key and Key.
AmigaSYS Extra options:
Button selected about, help files and descriptions (HTML+gfx) in five languages, fully rewritten installers, installer manuals, etc, the system's knowledge with all program maker's name, etc. (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected languages, you can select from five languages (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x854, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, the 800x600 is only 3.0/3.1. (3.0/3.1/3.9)
Button selected themes (3.9)
Button selected menus, AmiStart->Amidock, Amidock->Amistart switcher (a lot of people wanted AmiDock, here
) (3.9), not works under Amiga Forever, because the Amiga Forever do not have Amidock.
Updates support 3.0/3.1/3.9.
A lot of new graphics item and fix in the lookout.
More than 30 exclusive PNG icons, my works to you, cutting, converting, i hope they will be ok, there was a lot of work with them.
Every extra AmigaSYS function wich is reachable in the menus, works with button selection (not old browsing).
- Fully reformatted HDF.
- New config file, (different settings, 8->16 Mb GFX RAM because of the larger resolutions, different CD handling, resolution update become default, etc.)
- Right click Tools menu items are removed, (it has categorys: System, Internet, Players, Emulators, Games, They opens AmigaSYS menu from the built-in programs).
- Deutsch, Hungarian catalogs are expanded + a lot of Polish and Italian.
- New MUI settings (new backgrounds, TTF fonts, a lot of reconfiguration in the classes, bugfixes, special characters, new classes, etc.)
- MUI Key support, (if you have a MUI Key, then you got a beautiful lookout, after you copied into it's place (e.g. S: ), without a key, the default, but renewed settings will be set.
- New Tinymeter config (set to fix, available in every resolution, only under 3.0/3.1, the DH0 and Clock misplace fixed too)
- New reqattack settings, (animated buttons, silver background, button style settings stb.)
- Warp3D fixes, (some things worked bad, fixed (every Warp3D application was not tested) ).
- RTG fixes (now the games and demos do not produces graphics errors, pointer disappears, etc.)
- Fixed identify.library (the installed version was incomplete, bad working).
- Corrected palette settings 3.0/3.1/3.9 (the original default replaced with a nicer).
- Gadget button settings (the default modest buttons are set to new palettes and they appears in even nicer lookout and emphasized on a non MUI surface too.
- The Emulator, Games, Player scripts removed, it appears with icons now.
- PNG showing fixed under KS3.0/WB3.0 (now the 3.0 system can show any png too.)
- MMKeyboard bug fixed, (the multimedia files were in wrong place.)
- New MM Keyboard config, considering the WHDLOAD and other programs' hotkeys: - F2 Filemaster, - F3 Newshell, - F4 IBrowse, - F5 CD/DVD Mount Menu, - F6 PicShow, - F7 BareEd, - F8 AmigaAMP.
- IBrowse settings fixed (Mainly font bugs, bad font was set wich was not available in the system and because of this, the browsing was extremely ugly, all font were replaced with TTF fonts in every language).
- IBrowse favorites filled in (with the AmigaSYS partner sites)
- The old and crowded IBrowse buttons were removed, (totally new buttons)
- All MagicMenu background removed (transparent settings 3.0/3.1/3.9)
- YAM address book error and button glitch fixed (emitted error at start and the buttons were misplaced)
- Old Toolmanager icons removed (Ken's DUALPNG icons take this role, 16 icon instead of 10, only only under 3.0/3.1 from 800x600 to 1680x1050).
- Fixed a lot of Toolmanager settings bug, synchronize to the new resolutions, languages.
- Fixed AmigaOS 3.9 installer bug (First-Install OSF error)
- Fixed all "Toolmanager exists" bug in the Amiga Forever installer.
- Fixed all unpack parameters in the Amithlon AmigaOS XL installer.
- AmigaOS 3.9 installers under 3.0/3.1 too (the old 3.9 installers works in the in the installed 3.1 system!)
- A lot of new extra in the 3.9 installers, (extra fast, button selected options, kickstart 3.0/3.1 extrication fixes, quicker auto CD recognizing, etc)
- Script fixing (Syntax misspelling were corrected in all scripts and installers).
- Polish TTF and default fonts, ISOPL and claviature map added.
- Fixed SGRAB under OS3.0/3.1 (not always worked)
- AmiGameBoy bug fixed, (did not run.)
- Jabberwocky bug fixed, (did not run.)
- Webplug mui bug fixed.
- Unordered scripts optimizing, removing, rewriting from 3.0 to 3.9.
- New bootpicture AmigaSYS 4 loading...
- Almost all system font are TTF.
- The icon archives are removed, (when opening a directory, a menu opening with the used icon names, we can go to the creator's page.)
- AmigaSYS "BIOS" menu (not a common knowledge, but if you press the right mouse buttun when booting, an AmigaSYS "BIOS" AmigaDOS menü will appear, wich was buggy until then, but now it is fully fixed, several program can run at once).
Wich is available: Bareed (If you set something wrong, so the system is not perfect, you can easily modify it without system, for example CD mount, FileMaster (for anything), Shell (to run programs even games wich requires 2 mb chip ram)), reboot.