View Single Post
Old 06 April 2008, 01:04   #1
MethodGit

Question Wiz 'N' Liz - possible two-button support?

I was just thinking - having been impressed by the many attempts of late to add alternate joypad configurations to many Amiga games so that we don't have to deal with "Up to jump" etc, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to implement a similar fix for one of my fave "quickie arcade" classics, Wiz 'N' Liz?

The only thing is that jumping isn't the problem this time (Fire does all the jumping in this one), but "dropping through platforms". This becomes an extremely important tactic in the later levels when time really is against you. It's really easy to do on the Mega Drive version by pressing A, but on the Amiga you have to painstakingly hold Down and press Fire which I think is rather unpractical in comparison, particularly when you're rushing through the map trying to collect, say, 20 wabbits within the last 15 seconds of the clock.

So how about it? I don't know if it would be easy to convince the game through coding that two simultaneous pressings aren't required to trigger a drop-through, but it would make the game nicer to play, especially with not-very-flexible d-pads!

Page generated in 0.04354 seconds with 11 queries