View Single Post
Old 27 March 2002, 20:28   #2
HOL / AMR Team Member

IMHO Bill McEwen & co. are taking far more credit than they deserve for any development of AmigaOne and OS 4.0 that has been achieved. Other than granting the licenses to Eyetech and Hyperion, they really have had little to do with any "hands-on" development of either product. Their main goal has been to make some quick big cash any way they can since it's well known that they are a cash-strapped company. They know there's little cash to be had from the dwindling Amiga community at present, so they've gone for the bigger markets involving PDA users and the like.

From a business point-of-view I can't blame them, but I wish they would stop trying to con existing Amiga users into thinking that they are so very important to them and that by attracting PDA users etc. that they will be creating one big happy Amiga community reminiscent of the glory days of old. Whilst I believe that either (if not both) AmigaOne or OS 4.0 will become a reality, I think it's best to consider both vapourware until buyers (as opposed to developers) have them in their grubby little hands!!
Page generated in 0.09882 seconds with 9 queries