View Single Post
Old 24 February 2008, 13:53   #129
Going nowhere

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
DVD players will still sell until the price of the Blu-Ray players comes down to around 100. DVD's themselves will be around for years to come. Don't expect Blu-Ray to replace DVD's in a year or so. DVD's will still be selling strong at least five years from now cos Blu-Ray equipment and HDTV is still too expensive.

Eventually all TV's sold will be HD and standard TV's will be defunct. When that day comes then all the digital channels will broadcast in high definition and TV will be a glorious place. I reckon it could take 5-10 years for this to happen. Oh and we'll all be using hoverboards to get to work. Well thats my prediction for the future.
The prediction that standard TV's will be defunct is a misnomer. Seeing as you can get digital boxes to bridge the gap, standard TV's will still be around for a few more years yet.

Digital Radio was heralded as the future of radio broadcasting, now its dying on its knees. Lots of commercial radio stations are shutting down their digital audio broadcasts because there is simply not the market out there for it.

DVD's will be around for quite a long time, possibly side by side with Blu-Ray.

I personally don't actually see Blu-Ray having the shelf life that DVD has had so far and can see it being superceeded quite quickly.
Page generated in 0.07305 seconds with 9 queries