Thread: VLab Motion
View Single Post
Old 19 February 2008, 20:33   #1
VLab Motion

I'm not sure where to post this.

Many years ago I was going to get into video and I acquired an Amiga 2000 with a Vlab Motion card, Tocatta sound, 68060@50Hz accellerator, Picasso II etc...but I never actually got around to doing anything with it.

Now I've got that bug again (video) and I was wondering, do you think the Amiga is still up to the job or would it simply be outclassed now by even the cheapest PC setup?

The A2000 just needs a SCSI HD and it would be fully operational again, I still have all the manuals and disks for the VLab Motion & stuff. I kinda want to use it but you know how tech moves on.

I had then and still have though, no idea about video editing software and what the current state is. Anyone on here still use their Amiga for this task? Any recommendations? It's a difficult feeling to express...wanting to use the Amiga for productive work, but there's a bit of sentimentality at work here too. Weird.

How good was the VLab setup? Reading some of the specs again, to me, it sounds bloomin great still! It's just with all this HD stuff we have now, bluetooth etc, would I be flogging a dead horse with the mig?

AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05245 seconds with 9 queries