View Single Post
Old 18 February 2008, 10:28   #6
Stokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
knowledge acquired in hindsight no doubt... the installer does a few more things other than the obvious...
Knowledge acquired in hindsight? I don't know what you mean by that.

Quote:
in any case, yes, this could very well work... the default startup-sequence however seems to have "AllowBasepageAccess" by default... don't think that is for everyone...
It does work, no "could" about it. "AllowBasepageAccess" seemed to be necessary for my install, and having it doesn't seem to be a major problem, according to the docs.

Quote:
also... if it doesn't work in the end it's harder to troubleshoot...
I disagree. Using the installer gives almost no insight to the process, my method at least gives some clues.

Quote:
but hey, I'm all for bypassing normal procedures myself... thing is though, you need to also be armed with a more indept understanding of the Amiga...
How do you get a greater understanding? By rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, that's how. Read the docs, edit the files, see the effect. It's not like we're talking about WinXP. AOS4 is an OS that you can mess about with easily.

Quote:
what I was hinting at is if you had the original kit I doubt very much you'd have trouble installing it... outside having an incompatiable monitor display...
Read some of the other Amiga forums, there have been several common problems with the installer.

Page generated in 0.08449 seconds with 9 queries