View Single Post
Old 16 February 2008, 13:44   #3
Reticulator of Splines
Send a message via ICQ to girv Send a message via AIM to girv Send a message via MSN to girv Send a message via Yahoo to girv

Yeah, KG PM'd me about it then then took himself off to the pub for the night, leaving me to do all the actual work. If you're not in management mate, you should be

Some images are attached

The first shows the location, near the end of level 4, that you should be able to enter the subgame from if the data bug would allow it. The other two are shots from in the subgame itself. Its definitely a level 4 subgame as you can see from the background graphics and the techno look of the player sprite.

The gameplay is to fly through an obstacle filled cavern at increasingly ludicrous speeds until you hit something. Your score increases as you go, so the further you get the more points you get. I have a video of a run through the subgame (recorded with WinUAE) that is on its way to Google Video as I type. I'll post again later when it's available.

I've a new WHD patch under construction that fixes the data bug and so enables the "lost" subgame in normal play. The subgame runs fine on WinUAE but I need to run through it under snoop mode on a real A1200 to check for any lurking problems.

Does this count as an "Amiga Subgame That Weren't" ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apidya-sol-1.png
Views:	561
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	15926   Click image for larger version

Name:	apidya-sol-2.png
Views:	472
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	15927   Click image for larger version

Name:	apidya-sol-3.png
Views:	391