View Single Post
Old 31 January 2008, 09:51   #78
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Yep, unfortunately. When my last 1084 broke down, I decided not to buy a 'new' one, because they're all old, of course. Around the same time I also got a pc, and so I decided to buy an svga monitor and a video/tv box. Now I have to make do with using my miggy's video out. Not ideal.
So you have some sort of a scan doubler in your video/tv box ?

Quote:
Cool That means I can pipeline some more stuff, actually. I can fit some register only instructions after the first read. Great!
After the first read ? You won't gain anything by doing so. It's the writes that can be pipelined.
(Well, in chipmem things are a little bit more complex, but here we're accessing fastmem only.)

Quote:
Not on my studioworks in 1280x1024x24bit! Although some color differences are a bit hard to spot. Also, testing things on the pc in super hires 24bit is much better then doing it on the amiga.
On yours probably. But on a good monitor, amiga colors are much brighter than on a pc. Anyway the code is intended to work on an amiga, not on a pc.
(Btw why do you always write "then" instead of "than" ?)

Quote:
Yes, and I can't wait. It shouldn't be to difficult to use an extra read, though.
I'm using 9 values in my code, where you're using 4, so it could be a little bit more than an extra read.
But, please tell me : where does your algorithm come from ?

Quote:
Thank you Anyway, someone I know has a broken monitor, so I can use his cable! Tomorrow I'll have it fixed
A broken cable with a working monitor, and a working cable with a broken monitor... so you'll end up with a broken cable and a broken monitor

Page generated in 0.04526 seconds with 10 queries