View Single Post
Old 29 January 2008, 17:51   #71
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf
Unoptimized, and certainly untested : it won't work
You are reading 3 bytes for each source line in each loop ; you should only read 1 or adjust pointers afterwards (or the funniest way : keep the old values).
Hadn't thought of that one! Well, that's what you get from a plain version like mine. I think I posted it too quickly.
Quote:
But, pal, people having a plain a1200 are already prepared to wait ages before the image shows up, so a very slightly faster version won't fit them.
(said otherwise : when you have to wait a century, you're not after a few years...)
Good point, I rest my case, and will not suggest anything that sacrifices quality again. I swear it on my ....
Quote:
And, oh, yes, I've counted the clock cycles of your version and ended up with 144/loop (slower than mine, heheh). How will the optimized version look like ?
This was only a quick version to see what you think. I guess I'll try optimizing just for the fun of it. I guess I'll fix it first, and make sure I haven't made any mistakes before posting.
Quote:
A quick-and-dirty version will be better with a box filter IMO. And yes, I like to contradict people
Nearest neighbor, right? Yeah, that's the fastest! And if I were you, I wouldn't stop contradicting people, since they really aren't always right
Quote:
That sure will work. The asm has to appear first in the list of objects and there mustn't be any C startup/cleanup code.
Good. That's pretty easy, I guess. Or so I hope! Which compiler do you think produces the best code: storm, sas, dice or vbcc? Would be nice to use the best one.
Quote:
But even if you're successful in that way, I will try the StormC project.
Thanks again

Page generated in 0.04660 seconds with 10 queries