View Single Post
Old 16 January 2008, 03:53   #51
gizmomelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
It doesn't need an LCD (You've got a TV monitor!)
this device appears as a 'dumb' floppy drive to the computer, how do you interface it to a TV? have a video cable from the floppy drive ?

Quote:
It doesn't need 3 buttons (You've got a 96 key keyboard and a joystick!)
again, this appears as a normal floppy drive to the original computer - how do you tell the computer keyboard to control loading/ejecting/selecting floppy disk images from the original computer (without wiring into the original computer keyboard io)? don't want the LCD? don't include it in the PCB you build

Quote:
It doesn't need it's own PSU (You've got the floppy power connector!)

It does need to be the same form factor as a real floppy drive, with screw holes in the right places so it can replace any internal floppy drive.
the pics released are the prototype - it's larger than a standard floppy drive and has an external psu for easier debugging. When the schematics are released you can always design/produce the PCB to any size you want and use the onboard 5V from the computer.

Quote:
If they want to work with me to turn it into a commercial product, I am happy to donate time and money to bring it to market for all floppy disk retro platforms. (Amiga, Atari, C64, CPC, Spectrum etc.)
the aim these guys had was to design something SIMPLE (and cheap) to make so any electronics handy person could make it. If you want to turn it into a commercial product then I suggest you contact them via their website. I'm happy to make my own, but if the price is right then buying one would also be nice.

Page generated in 0.07188 seconds with 9 queries