View Single Post
Old 13 January 2008, 00:04   #51
Ya' like it Retr0?
shouldnt the community that this project serves make that decision ?

after all it not only improves through community input and submissions but also survives for its use.

people whom want to RIP the entirety from HOL will find ways to do this, irrespective of the watermark..

the truth.... the water mark is a platitude to a 'few' contributors nothing more.

i am not taking anything away from the legend that is HOL, but its a commnuity project NOT for a few contributors to claim ownership wich is what HOL is doing not only by *(arguably)* using a water mark on any non-pre agreed art work is breaking a lot of copyright law. I am sure they know this.

This descision to water mark is not only in error its going to cause a HUGE issue down the line when artist(s) and copyright holds approach HOL with retraction statements, HOL is to me that Beacon that Amiga Enthusiasts have need and will continue to need.

I will argue that "to protect" statement is UTTER BULLSHIT its sounds a lot like this is our ball, play the game our way! its crap AND YOU ALL KNOW IT...

common .... people making money on a system / format that been COMMERCIALLY DEAD for 10 years its a lot more than beyond belief... its total TRITE...

the best way to protect HOL is to OPEN PLATFORM it... allow users to download a portable hol version... your tireless work, that I cannot say how awesome it is... could be USED by the community, albiet commercial and private alike... you can then draw rules on commercial use... like donations to what ever cause...

but this watermarking.... its wrong..... it DEEMS OWNERSHIP!!! stop being arses about this and ask the community in a pol... run it for a month. let the community tell you what it wants... and then allow HOL to become that....

please... this is a crucial moment for your project.... don't make the wrong mistakes... make the decision based on a community need, rather than a personal grudge or two.
Page generated in 0.06593 seconds with 9 queries