Thread: Plasma
View Single Post
Old 10 January 2008, 13:15   #8
pmc
gone

It's been a loooong time since my thoughts turned to this subject since I was first posting about it in May last year (man, where do the months go...?!) but now I think I'd like to try and get back into this and see what I can do.

My ideal would be to get something close to what can be seen in the Celtic's Plasmatronic demo which, I think, is the best plasma effect I ever saw from the Amiga's heydey. I've posted an .adf that boots to that demo into the zone if you've never seen it...

What are they actually doing there? At a basic level I think it's done with simple bitplane patterns and then using the copper to change the colour registers for the colours that make up the patterns...? What I don't understand is how the copper is used to interact with the patterns and how the patterns are altered (if they're altered?) to get the plasma effect.

So, as always, I need some help to get started cos I'm not really sure I understand the underlying things I need to try to do to achieve the effect. Its more than likely it's beyond my coding abilities but I won't know until I try...

Page generated in 0.08754 seconds with 11 queries