View Single Post
Old 07 January 2008, 18:42   #8
jamesgafys

cheers Bloodwych , this is what my investagations had found with the disk.info . i will give aminet a try for this ramsnap. i did look on aminet but unless u follow it daily its a bit overwhelming with the apps on it. as for the icons got em all up and running , hell i even took the dev_ram.info from env ram and played with it (with no success)
and stokey what i said on the first post is what i wanted to do , because this aint possible iam now just doing ram: . not a default setup for every window like i wanted (and said quite clear in the first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
There has to be a "disk.info" file on the volume to control the window display info and snapshot position.

I think Workbench adds these to disks automatically upon snapshot, but obviously the ram disk will lose the settings on reboot and CDs are read only. Most CD drivers use a default icon in the ENV: folder that can be changed with your required settings as OddbOd said.

Scalos used in my ClassicWB packs can snapshot all disks, even those that don't have disk.info files on them - it's one of its cool features. It stores the settings in a separate icon folder, so you can control the position and size of all disk icons easily and also where they appear on Workbench.

Standard Workbench has utilities you can download from aminet like ramsnap for ram disks, or you can add a line to your startup-sequence that copies a disk.info file to the ramdisk at boot.

There are default icon tools available on Aminet that might also do the same thing, like the one included with the NewIcon packages.

I have no experience with DirOpus as a Workbench replacement, so I can't comment on that.

Page generated in 0.09726 seconds with 9 queries