View Single Post
Old 14 December 2007, 19:00   #19
Phone Zen
Maybe it would be more productive to point out some lesser-known or personal favorites? I mean, you could poll 100 people and end up with 90% of the same titles that were best-sellers anyway.. (Granted, if they were very good to begin with they'd be popular, but something to shoot for anyway..)

For flight sims, Wings is probably most popular, but I loved F15 Strike Eagle II (interestingly, also a video game that was practically identical) and Fighter Duel (great sim by a very small production company.. Might be their only game at all actually, well and Fighter Duel Pro..)

Firepower was a great modem game that later was sort of translated to the 3DO (split screen, not modem). A capture-the-flag as I remember it.

An interesting mention might be Heart of the Dragon. Supposedly actually used HAM for some screens (though the game did suck..).

Also, I always liked Speedball I over II.. I thought the sequel added too much actually and took away from the competition of Speedball I. In any event, if this book is by year, sequels probably don't figure in as much..

I'd also say that practically anything by Cinemaware deserves a good look at. Though most were somewhat popular already, I enjoyed their whole line and outlook for games.
Page generated in 0.08509 seconds with 9 queries