Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf
Else that would just be too easy
I agree. If it's too easy it's no fun

Quote:
Already done ! What I found was way too superficial. When it comes to actually do something real with the data, you're left to the existing code. I looked into mpg123 and libmad sources, but... er... errhm...

You can try to find something, too. Maybe you'll be more lucky than I was.
Right, I'll see if I can find anything useful. You'd think in this day and age the net is simply filled with the info one needs... But I know, sometimes it's really hard to find what you need, while at other times it's too easy. Maybe I will have more luck.

Quote:
What I did for my rewrite project is that :
. reading the file (ok, not too hard )
. parsing headers and side info (those are quite well documented)
. circular buffer handling for data
. reading the scale factors

But now the next step is to read huffman data. That is, do the work that III_huffdecode() in libmad's layer3.c does (note that I concentrate on layer3, else I wouldn't have any file to test). It's not just reading huffman codes, something is done on the fly with the data.
That is already seems like quite some code, would be a shame to abandon it just because you're lacking some docs.

Quote:
No beginner's stuff, sure. It is not that an implementation in code is that hard, but I simply don't know what to do...
Well, hopefully I can find some docs. I've been interested in how the mp3 format works for quite some time now, so this is the perfect opportunity to get to now more about it. I'll keep you posted on anything interesting/useful I find.

Page generated in 0.07839 seconds with 11 queries