View Single Post
Old 07 December 2007, 15:21   #26
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
i second that question and i would like to know also, there is a filter for let in / out the list the games that you don't have? meaning that the the program does parse the directories?

does also a central database means that when you release a new pack you have also an updated database with screenshots to download?

lastly, wouldn't be cool if, at this point you (and whoever is intersted) produce a very light version of a workbench, hidden away the GUI autoloading ? like a lite - lite - ClassicWB?
Some good questions mate...

Firstly, I plan on making the scanning search subdirs.

I personally have all of my games in one partition called GAMES. But if you had them in Games:A/ Games:B/ etc. then it would still pick up the games.

It'll be searching by the names from my whdload packs, so if you are using other whdload games with different namings you'll either have to manually edit the database files yourself, or rename all of your directories to match mine.

The initial release of the frontend will include a database with all of the games currently in my packs (not those which have been found to have errors), and will come with screenshots for each game - probably one title screen and one in game shot (HOL have given me permission to whore their supply).

Every time I release an update pack I'll be updating the database and screenshots so you can keep up to date that way.

As for making a very light version of workbench...

My main aim for this program is to turn my A1200 into an arcade machine that I can load any game from, just using the joystick. Obviously the frontend needs some files from workbench (setpatch, assign, execute...), but it doesn't need workbench as such.

I have my workbench partition setup as DH1: on my real A1200, if I do need to boot into it then I set it as primary boot in the boot menu.

So, you are more than welcome to run the frontend on top of workbench, or like I do with very little going on in the background.

The menu will run on a standard A1200/CD32.

It kills itself before loading a script so that there is more memory available to whdload.

If anyone has anything they'd like to see the menu do then write them down here.

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 11 queries