View Single Post
Old 13 November 2007, 16:39   #170
Lesser Talent
Originally Posted by Mikey_C View Post

Forgive me if you think I was baiting, It certainly was not my intention, However it is difficult to convey what it was like having an Amiga back in the late 80's early 90's when all that was available was at best dos prompt or Window 3.10. Even the early macs at the time weren't all that. Add that to the fact that most people either had a sega mega drive or a C64 and you can understand just how amazing and truly eye popping the Amiga was back then.

True, it has long been surpassed, but trust me, you had to be there at the time. So yeah, maybe its nostalgia or something about keeping in touch with my youth, but this is why I am still using an Amiga. It is also why I said about you being too young to understand. Its also, something quite European.

No offence intended.
No offence taken.

I do know what it was like, I grew up around the Amiga, my uncle had an A500 from around the time it was released, paid around 1000 for it if I recall, came with a 1084.

If I didn't get 'Amiga' I wouldn't have been on this forum for the last 4 years, I wouldn't still have that very same A500 that my uncle bought those many, many years ago and I wouldn't be spending hours installing whdload games so that others can also enjoy the Amiga scene without the hassle of setting them all up themselves.

I know plenty of people my age who think that Cars like the MGBT, bands like Led Zeppelin and computers like the Amiga which are simply the best thing on the planet. Age doesn't have anything to do with recognising quality.

Don't tar every person under the age of 30 with the same brush.

Oh and I am European.
Page generated in 0.08401 seconds with 9 queries