View Single Post
Old 15 October 2007, 15:07   #1
Workbench-Style GUI System for the Nintendo DS

I've been working on a GUI library for the Nintendo DS (called "Woopsi" - spot the pun), with the hope that other homebrew authors will use it instead of wasting their time writing half-baked GUIs of their own. As an Amiga guy, I decided to go for a Workbench feel to it, so it might be of interest to people here.

Anyhoo, I've attached a screenshot of where I've got to so far. Current features include multiple screen support, screen dragging, windows, gadgets, a text viewer, Blitz Basic-style SuperBitmaps, screen backgrounds, an event system, and more.

If you want to have a look at the latest demo, you can download it from the SourceForge project page here (download the demo package; the other package is the sourcecode):

The zip file has the usual ROMs for the SuperCard, Slot-1 carts and the nds.gba file. If necessary, patch the .nds file for your card.

If you don't have a card but want to have a look anyway, you can use the DeSmuME emulator:

Finally, if you're interested in learning more about the system, there's loads of info on my blog:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoopsiBackdrop.png
Views:	495
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	15000  
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05312 seconds with 10 queries