Thread: CPC Thread !!!
View Single Post
Old 08 October 2007, 19:23   #157
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx View Post
Gameplay in C64? In C64 there was NO AI in enemies. Absolutely n00bs... You could finish a level without the enemies attempting a single punch. You call this gameplay? Controls were much better in CPC. You could perform more moves probably because you had to since the enemies had AI. I just watched a longplay in youtube of the C64 version and the guy just run from right to left and finish the floor in first level by killing just a couple of enemies. Also, 2 player. I have my best memories of this game playing with my pals. The 2P mode is simply one of the best. Really, I don't think you played it enough to have a good picture of this game in the CPC. The only thing that C64 had better was the really nice and mellow music. Apart from that, Spectrum and CPC versions were much better.
Quote:
I am mildly amused at those thinking the cpc was better then the c64

the cpc was a glorified spectrum with only the fact it an do more colours going for it. perhaps even more colours then c64 verision of games. Most games try to look better then there spectrum counterpart by simply painting rainbow colours everywhere and fail as all the detail is now gone.

even the games listed as an example of the cpc best games a few posts up compare badly to there much better c64 counterparts.
Target Renegade is definitve better in the C-64 version. Awesome cartoon sprites, good controls, outstanding sounds, better scrolling. The game isn't too easy. But enough for TR.
I quoted Mad Matt, because i agree with him. There are too much spectrum ports for the CPC, tested a lot of games yesterday.

These are decent CPC games, when you turn off the volume:

Exolon
Nebulus
Cybernoid 2
Arkanoid 2
Antiriad
Barbarian 1 & 2
Stormlord 1 & 2

some more

Pure crap versions:

Turrican, Bionic Commando, Alien Syndrome, Cabal, Airborne Ranger, Last Ninja 2, Nemesis, R-Type, Slapfight, Swiv, Buggy Boy, Double Dragon 3, Ghost'n Goblins, Commando, Blues Brothers, Uridium

and so on...

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 08 October 2007 at 20:00.

Page generated in 0.06877 seconds with 9 queries