View Single Post
Old 21 September 2007, 17:16   #12
RasterSoft Dev

Send a message via ICQ to cdoty Send a message via AIM to cdoty
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
This is indeed interesting, how many titles have you planned? you want to release about 3-4 per year or more if possible ?.
Somewhere between 2-4 a year, depending on the game. With Frog Feast, I developed a lot of the necessary routines. The biggest challenge is finding or creating the necessary graphics.

Here's some ideas I've been tossing around over the last few weeks:

This is a Worm Whomper (by Activision) type game.

This is a non-scrolling shooting game. I developed this for the PC years ago, but I haven't developed any real gameplay yet.

arguably if you keep your display routines well documented there is quite a few systems that will enjoy your games, not to mention the Atari ST
This worked pretty well with Frog Feast. Once a core set of functions were implemented, the game would start working. I plan to use the same ideas with the new stuff. For some of the systems I developed for, the game started out with common gameplay code, that was customized for the hardware. This worked nicely on the CD-I version.

How many coders do you have? will you be offering freelance work ? or concept / development franchise (like in the case of WORMS with team 17) to maximize sales, have you considered hand-held console markets ?
There's just one programmer, me.

The primary goal is to develop games for older game systems; I really haven't planned to become a 'normal' game development studio. I haven't really given much thought to expanding it beyond a hobby; that may come later.

The immediate goal is to produce decent quality games, at a decent price, for these older systems.

Last edited by cdoty; 21 September 2007 at 17:22.
Page generated in 0.05487 seconds with 9 queries