View Single Post
Old 25 February 2002, 00:00   #7

Re: Working AmigaOne demonstrated

Originally posted by Korodny
The connector that accepts a A1200 motherboard (for backwards compatability) is no longer
a part of the motherboard, it will be shipped as an optional PCI card, which can be
purchased seperately and connects to the 1200 via a ribbon cable!

Ever wished that there would be a AGA PCI card for your PC ? Well, that's as close as you
will get!
Ok, I dont think I understood correctly. This is how I got it... the motherboard does not have a socket for connecting the A1200 mobo anymore, instead, you have to buy an optional PCI card, which serves as a connection between the A1 mobo and the A2100 mobo. This means I'll have, for example, a tower with the AmigaOne inside, and then a ribbon going nastily from my tower to an A1200 deck...

This is far away from the concept of Siamnese System's AmigaPCI card.... or did you mean that they will be building a whole Amiga setup in a PCI card? I think you did not say that...

This just makes the A1 pooey. I would have liked (if I was to buy it, which I was not and still am not) to have both mobos in one tower... all was suposed to fit in a Towerhawk, wasnt it?

I'm extremely happy with my A1200... I dont need this
Page generated in 0.08184 seconds with 9 queries