View Single Post
Old 08 September 2007, 19:44   #3
Psylicium

Hi Thomas, and thank you for answering The funny thing is, that when I'm just playing games or turn it on and leaves it on the Kickstart screen, it doesn't crash at all... The other day I was playing games for several hours, and it worked fine.

Could it be my PC's COM port that's the problem, ie. if it sends some wrong "commands" or too high voltage to the Amiga? I have transferred many games to my CDTV aswell, using the same Workbench 1.3 disk (and another WB1.2), and I never had any problems with that (except for constant R/W errors caused by its lousy external disk drive), so I don't think it is caused by a virus.

I have configured the Amiga side of AExplorer as described at cloanto's site, but what are the optimal settings for the PC's COM port? I am running AExplorer under Windows 98, and if I go to the settings for my COM port, I can set Flow Control to "None", "Hardware" and some third setting. Does this Flow Control-thingy have any influence on the transfer?

Unfortunately, I only have one PSU, so I can't replace that, and if the crashes only occur during transfers, it can't be the PSU that's defective ... I guess?

Page generated in 0.04564 seconds with 9 queries