View Single Post
Old 08 September 2007, 14:46   #6
huschel5

Hi,

I had done the follwong today:

Boot with emergency-disk (e-d) and OS3.5 in the CD-drive. I opend the hdtoolbox and the amiga recognized only 7GB. I read the datas of the HD and reboot but there are only 7GB recognized. Ok, I would like to create 3 partions but it was impossible to format the partions. I marked the partion and clicked format but no new window appeared.

So I installed the HD into the PC and checked with WinUAE the HD. WinUAE recognized 40GB but if I would like to partion the HD it was only possible to format 7GB, why?
Therefor I created three partions with 2GB and formated them.

I installed the HD back into the amiga, boot with my e-d without problems. The amiga recognized the three partions. So I installed OS3.1 of the OS3.5-CD. Then reboot (and boot with e-d) and installed 3.5 pre-installation and reboot (and boot with e-d). As next step I would like to install 3.5 but it isn't possible to choose my partion. As default the 3.5 will install on the e-d.

Now I boot without e-d and installed IDEfix. But during installation of IDEfix a error occured and told me that I have to less space on my SYS. But why? I need IDEfix for my CD-drive.

To check the hdtoolbox datas like thomas told me I booted the amiga with my e-d and checked the hdtoolbox:

identifier: 0x444F5303
version: 45.1
size: 26124
file system name: L:FastFileSystem[International]

I don't understand why it is so difficult to use my 40GB

Page generated in 0.04245 seconds with 11 queries