View Single Post
Old 07 September 2007, 14:28   #1
Psylicium

Question HELP! Amiga Explorer transfers crashes Amiga 500

Hi. I hope this is the right forum to ask, but here goes...

I have a bunch of ADF that I will transfer back to my Amiga. I am running Workbench 1.3 and Amiga Explorer 2007 on both PC and Amiga. My connection is okay, and I can transfer images - slow, but - without problems.

But very often, my Workbench 1.3 screen "blanks out" - ie. all I'm seeing is the blue WB background screen. All icons and text disappears... Or let me put it this way: I'm not sure if it's the Workbench color, or some coloured Amiga error screen (green, red, etc.).

I think it might have to do with certain ADF's, because I have tried to transfer the same ADF to multiple disks, and it always causes the Amiga to crash. Not always at a certain point - sometimes a couple a minutes after the transfer starts, and sometimes when Amiga Explorer says "2 minutes left" on the transfer progress bar. Other ADF's, on the other hand, causes no problems at all.

When the Amiga crashes, the drive keeps running (without writing), and the DRIVE LED is still on. After that, Amiga Explorer reports "Error writing to COM port" (or something similar), and I have to reboot the Amiga.

Has anyone ever experienced this, and knows what is causing it? I will be very happy for a possible solution

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04646 seconds with 9 queries