View Single Post
Old 30 August 2007, 12:21   #17
tteich

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
[snip]
I had that posted once, his website is http://www.cnctechniker.de/. But as he's extremely busy currently and the populated boards are sold, please do not bother him until mid-September. He has enough SCSI kits, 5 Kickswitches and about 10 mouse/joystick adapters (that add regular 9 pin connectors), which he just have to populate.
Yes, this is the guy. I bought a nice SCSI-TV from him a couple of months ago. Works like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
Use a CDTV SCSI controller, connect the 50 pin cable from it to a SCSI->IDE bridge (usually Acard AEC-7720U; Yamaha V769970 is more compact but does not work with CF), connect an IDE->CF adapter either directly to the SCSI->IDE bridge or use an IDE cable (needs one male/one female connector). Everything except the SCSI controller of course has to be mounted under the mainboard.
Now I see, this is to get rid of an SCSI harddisk. Thanks, Thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Real old SCSI HDDs are too noisy and too big (physically)
Accelerator would be nice but I don't really need it, my CDTV will be cool looking whdload gaming + compatibility testing Amiga.

27C4001 has space for 4 extended ROM "banks", last bank is empty ("none" option) because there is only 3 different CDTV extended ROMs (CDTV CR ROM is MIA), also KS 1.2 won't work with extended ROMs and I wanted to use my CDTV for A500 compatibility testing and sometimes KS 1.2 might be needed
Thanks, Toni for the explanation. Too bad the CDTV developer ROMs are MIA or locked somewhere in a safe.

Last edited by tteich; 30 August 2007 at 12:26.

Page generated in 0.04416 seconds with 11 queries