View Single Post
Old 25 August 2007, 15:20   #1

EAB Appreciation Thread

I know it’s a little cheesy, but I’m in such a good and appreciative mood today that I couldn’t help myself.

After looking through the various “” sites and of course the forum itself, I just can’t believe how good EAB has become. It really has blossomed since the early days back in 2001. Without doubt, this is the best Amiga community on the internet - content, hosting, attitude and presentation are all top grade.

I might even be able to go as far to say this is the best online community in terms of generosity full stop. People go out of their way to help others; share and host content and offer advice without asking for anything in return. It really keeps the spirit of the Amiga alive in a manner that’s enjoyable.

Some other major Amiga sites don’t enjoy such pleasures. Some ask for donations, have quite elitist views on age-old copyrights, agonise over the future of the Amiga and miss out on what the Amiga should be about in the 21st century. In my opinion, EAB gets the balance spot on.

All credit to RCK for creating and maintaining such a fantastic place for us to gather. He asks for no favours; no donations; offers bandwidth and space freely and is just one great guy!

And then we have the all important members running the forums and individual projects, all for the good of the community: WHDload packs, wiki pages, WinUAE/emulation, HOL, Magazine rack, SPS…..the list goes on (sorry if you didn’t get a mention)!!!

Don’t get me wrong, there are other great websites out there and respect to those of you running them. I just wanted to get across that EAB and it’s surrounding community is up amongst the best and lets hope it survives for many years to come.

Thanks to you all.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 25 August 2007 at 15:52.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05321 seconds with 9 queries