View Single Post
Old 14 August 2007, 15:23   #13
. . Mouse . .
FWIW: I agree with much of the sentiment above.

Slightly different perspective though:
-For all it's good points I still despise Linux & despite installing many-many distro's over the years it still can't find a perminant place on any of my systems. Mostly for reasons well put above.
-XP is a good OS! No really, I'm neither joking nor insane. ( probably ) There's plenty I don't like about the way it does things but that's just my personal preferences @ work. The real problem is all the useless cr*p M$ have loaded it with. My suggestion? Get a copy of nLite, cut all to fat from it, burn a new install CD & give it another go... You'll be very suprised - XP can really fly! ( Well, flutter about a bit )
-AmigaOS will allways be my favorite. I can't see it ever being remotely main-stream again, but on a good system is still suprisingly useful, as well as pleasent to use.

Quick plug: after a long converation with another forum member it was obvious I had forgotten what a pig Amithlon is to install. ( The most conventient way to modern/powerful classic OS use ) So I'm writing an 'install guide'.
I'll post the link when nearly done - give it a go, after a few days of tearing your hair out you'll be suprised what our favorite OS can do with a bit of grunt behind it.

Roll on AROS 1.0

Last edited by Charlie; 14 August 2007 at 15:24. Reason: Can't type/spell for toffee
Page generated in 0.05014 seconds with 9 queries