View Single Post
Old 08 August 2007, 21:22   #32
Super Hang-On King
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
There's a script in there called "UAE4all-tweak.gpu" or somesuch - it's plain (unix) text, just edit that and set your settings in there. Just don't use notepad if you're in windows.

Yup, Edited the settings via a hex editor on laptop. I'm on about the save to disk as in hi-scores etc in game. Stardust doesn't save or load my previous scores anymore but just tried T-Racer and that saves and reloads fine, hmmmmm.

As for the GP/PSP argument it's obvious which has the most power but it depends what you want.

If you want 3D graphics and cut down versions of PS2 games to play on a dodgy ghostvision widescreen then buy a PSP (i bought one months after a bought my GP2X and got rid, For the emulation side of it the screen was wrong and the firmware up/downgrade etc was a PITA)

If you primary goal is to play old Spectrum/C=64/Amstrad CPC/Master System/NES/Genesis/SNES/Neo Geo/M.A.M.E/Atari ST/Amiga games on the move wherever you are then the GP2X is a killer piece of kit. The screen is better suited and putting new software/roms on it couldn't be easier (SD card reader or USB cable) the joystick isn't to everyone's liking but i don't have a problem with it.

As for a successor to the GP2X i think it's all BS. If it did happen, Faster CPU, 3D accelerator, Proper D-Pad and with backing from some big games developers the PSP (along with Sony's it will only do what we want it too attitude) would be finished.

Just my 2p
Page generated in 0.05320 seconds with 9 queries