View Single Post
Old 08 August 2007, 18:16   #28
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
i will take offence, afterall, thats your intention!
That was some gentle ribbing and you know it buddy.

Quote:
please show me how you can play any RPG game such as Bloodwych, Dungeon Master, EOB etc comfortably WITHOUT having both dpad and nub. in fact, any decent mouse-controlled game that may also need a bunch of keys to make it playable on a portable system.

The mouse gets mapped to the analogue stick, and the d-pad is used for directions. you're pretty f**ked if you have to rely on just controlling the mouse, because you'll get trapped and killed in your game using the crappy on-screen direction controls.

also with strategy games like Sim City, or Syndicate.... you map the d-pad to being able to move the screen around, which makes things 20 time better.
First off you know my hatred for RPG games so this isnt an issue for me at all.
Where in this thread did I slag the PSP controls like alexh has the gp2x? I was responding to his post about the stick being crap, which in my opinion it isnt. I have no problems with the psp controls at all. I just find a digital joystick more true to my retro amiga experience. critical is looking at putting in button configs as we speak so I dont see this being a problem for too much longer, mouse acceleration is already implemented and soon the fire button diamond could be set up as a dir pad if need be and used in tandem with the joystick.

Quote:
oh, and all this is forgetting how much like a CD32 comp pro pad the d-pad control is when playing platformers etc.... sorry if thats not "old school" enough for you! since the CD32 was the first console i owned, and didnt own any other until afer 2000 (when i was already 19) i guess this must be what you are referring to with the "generation console kiddies" comment? CD32 owners?
pfft! console kiddies

Quote:
edit: and please show me a classic Amiga joystick that was as small as the gp2x thing! (even if there was one, its hardly a zipstick is it?)
None but it is a digital joystick isnt it?

Quote:
only on early editions huh? bit like the "blurry" PSP screen then?
The "first edition" run of gp2xs lasted 3 months the blurry screen problem is still present in new psps just not as bad as the first years psp screens. Yes I have used newer psps, to say the psp doesnt have a slow lcd is a blatant lie.

edit: fixed some quote brackets

Quote:
i actually did comment on the topic. i just find it baffling that someone should own a PSP and so actively hate it. Makes me think you have more money than sense.
I dont hate the psp at all, I hate the screen for 2D games and 2D emulation. I have mucho respect for the pspuae dev team and even yourself for contributing to it in your own way. I love many of the commercial PSP games and will defend it when people slag it over the DS saying the DS has better games which I dont agree with at all. But when people who dont have a gp2x start slagging the gp2x I will defend it because its an awesome piece of kit for homebrew and emulation.

Page generated in 0.06119 seconds with 9 queries