View Single Post
Old 26 July 2007, 04:04   #9
narmi
Guru Meditation Error

As promised, more eye candy! The label below is from the first drive I modified. The second one has the same model number, but is a REV.T1 part. The PCB inside both drives is virtually identical.

The modifications are the same as for the Panasonic drive. Change the unit number from 1 to 0 via the DS1/DS0 jumpers, change pin 34 to RDY from DC by moving a zero-ohm resistor, and connect DC to pin 2.

The DS1/DS0 jumper is just a solder blob, I used a solder wick to remove the original blob, then I added another blob on the correct jumper. Pin 2 is connected to a jumper that is not used, so I used one of its pads to connect the DC signal rather than soldering to the connector. It's neater this way. Obviously I noticed the pad after I cut the wire to size .

I found the manual for this drive on the Amiga floppy project blog. If the manual can be trusted, all revisions of this drive should be moddable, good news since this can still be purchased new. It can even be found with a black faceplate, if you have a black case.

Page generated in 0.04333 seconds with 11 queries