View Single Post
Old 30 January 2002, 05:15   #13
Give up the ghost
It was hardly that. True, their filelist was big for back then...nothing like the filelists we have seen recently on sites like emuchina and aceroms. And like those two sites, getting downloads to happen from Lazarus was painstaking and very often impossible as there was nowhere near enough bandwidth to meet the demand.

Since I already had a huge collection without Lazarus, I found the articles to be the most entertaining thing there. I don't think I ever managed to get more than ten downloads the whole time that site was up.

Ian summarized it pretty well, I think. Sometimes you just burn out on doing the same ritual every day and you just have to step away from it for a bit and return fresh. I imagine most, if not all of us have done this. If not here, somewhere else. For example, I get bored with Game Boy or ST or MAME, etc. emulation and don't mess with it. Then a new update will happen, I peek in, get updated and suddenly I am hordeing and playing games on that system again. It cyclical, really.
Page generated in 0.15334 seconds with 9 queries