View Single Post
Old 18 May 2007, 03:41   #1
Global Moderator

Respect for Toni...

Hello fellow Amiga lovers,

Hmmm, yes it's about 2:40am in the UK and I am a *little* bit drunk

...was lying in bed trying to get to sleep and my mind started drifting. Started thinking about all the recent comments about WinUAE; it not being as good as it used to be, features that have been implemented are useless etc... <blah> <blah> <blah>

Had to drag myself out of bed to say the following:

Toni Wilen is a legend

I've been using WinUAE for atleast 5 years now and yes it's had it's share of ups and downs (mainly ups) as all emulators do but seriously is it not the best thing since sliced bread???

I mean, look at other emulators floating around... Where else can you join a forum and have an author of the best emulator available for that particular platform answering questions as much as humanly possible while trying to make improvement at the same time??? Toni is a very active member here and we are all very lucky for this reason

Seriously, I know that a load of members here use WHDLoad and pay the fee to use such a great product. As I'm sure many know that I don't actually use WHDLoad as yet... Crazy I know, but to me WinUAE is one of the best emulators around and I have donated accordingly as I use it all the time

In all truth, if it wasn't for Toni and WinUAE I wouldn't even be remotely interested in anything Amiga anymore and it would have died a long time ago for me. There's no way I would have even found EAB... When I discovered WinUAE I literally was over the moon

After all this dedication, WinUAE is a still free product for everybody to enjoy. Toni spends all this personal time / hard work because he has a passion... Ask yourself, how often does WinUAE get beta / full releases compared to other emulators? Try sending a bug report to authors of other emus and see if you get a response

Sorry just had to let all this out...

Anyway, to rap it up... If you appreciate everything that Toni has done / continues to do for the Amiga community, speak up and post your comments

Last edited by DamienD; 18 May 2007 at 04:02.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05741 seconds with 9 queries