View Single Post
Old 11 May 2007, 18:24   #14
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
* Winuae takes up NO space.. as it's just a program on your PC....
which means it crashes a lot more than a real amiga.

Quote:
*Download games and play them directly with the adfs
ADFs are slow, full of annoying cractros, and often require a specific winuae setup to run. this is why i will use WHDLoad even on winuae rather than adfs.

Quote:
*Super fast emulation... games like quake 2 ruins fluidly while you would need a super amiga (costs alot) to be able to play it as as good as in winuae.
as i said above, perfect for frontier, quake, et al. but have you compared games like Pinball Illusions, or even New Zealand Story?

the very nature of being a PC and all the refresh-rate malarky causes the scrolling to be worse.

Quote:
*Save/load states!!!
dont work with HD emualtion

Quote:
*Recording
*It has built it..... like mentioned before, recording, and also sound/music ripper, screenshot grabber etc etc etc....
*As much harddrive space you could ever need (if you have enough space on your PC HD that is)
*FASTER DISK LOADING!!!!
*If you use a laptop like me, it's a portable Amiga 500/600/1200/2000/3000 etc/PC/any other emulator there is for PC considering it's a PC laptop)
*Select any screen resolution.... stretch the screen... or apply filters....
those are all good points.

i dont mean to pick apart your comments, but there are valid reasons for and against emulation... and no one has the right to say really that either is "better" - its down to the requirements/standards of the user at the end of it all.

and that's just my x.y cents.

Quote:
Bad?... it sounds perfect... even better is some cases as you can mix with the sound for better stuff.
i can only assume you have never tried to use winuae for professional sound work. it does NOT cut it,as much as id like it to - and it's true it doesnt sound quite the same

Page generated in 0.08802 seconds with 9 queries