Emulation vs the Real Thing
I'm sitting here looking at the amount of space absorbed by my beloved A4000 setup, and seriously pissed because....
1. I can't take it with me when I travel - and I travel a lot.
2. I can't haul it into the loungeroom to play CIV AGA there.
3. The power supply whines like a bitch compared to my work laptop.
4. Having built and used the damn thing up from scratch - what's next? It's not like I can find more and better hardware to sink into it, or obtain great new games and apps.....
So - my question to my esteemed and learned brethren - just how good is this emulation shit?
Does winUAE really pack the gear? Can I ....
1) Play Frontier with a microswitched joystick?
2) Play CIV AGA, Exodus: The last war and Dune II?
3) Run Final Writer?
4) Run Spot to relive my FidoNet days?
5) Run Directory Opus?
Just how much of a bitch is it to setup, and how solid is the emulation?
The final question: Do I split up and sell my beloved gear, and rever to the eternal life of emulation?
Thoughts, opinions - welcome.....