I'm currently doing some research and wrote a tool to start whdload games from cd32 (because Fisken Uno tried to rewok the CD-444 for whdloadcd32).
The approach using RAD and reboot is suboptimal IMO.
Better would be the following:
- StartTool is located in startup-sequence
- provides a buffer and starts the menu-system
- menu-system fills the buffer with program to start and ends
- StartTool starts the game
- if the game returns (for games with exit like whdload) it starts the menu-system again
the menu-system must properly free all memory and ressources
- only some hundred bytes for the StartTool will stay resident in memory instead the RAD
- no reboots required
I could write the StartTool, that is not much code, but the menu-system must be compatible too.