View Single Post
Old 01 April 2007, 15:34   #8
Legerdemain

I'm impressed, I don't really know what else to say... though, some things I noticed:

1. While the actual level is displayed with square pixels... the items, enemies, the helmet of the main character (?) and some other things seems to be displayed through some kind of filter which makes them seem to be in higher resolution than the level in itself? The contrast between the two different styles of graphics do clash...(according to me).

2. At times a button pressed got stuck in the pressed state (the character refused to stop moving right until I pressed right again, and when doing so it stopped).

3. The game seems to run at an irregular speed on my setup. Small changes in the speed occurs every now and then, just like it's running in VSynced mode and doesn't manage to display all the frames requested. Irregular, not fluent, VSynced updates of the screen, that is... and it is mostly visible if looking at the scrolling text on the title screen. I'm running XP SP2 on an Athlon XP 2400+ with 256MB RAM and a Radeon 9600 GFX-card, if that can be of any help.

But, like I said... I am impressed...

If there ever was to be a wishlist... my little wish was to once and for all get rid of the non-smooth scrolling of the level itself... a bit like they have done in the Ruff'n'Tumble remake for Windows...

Great work, anyways! I wish I would have a bit more patience so that I could start coding things like this myself... but, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look upon it all) for me I am more of a player than a developer...

;-)

Page generated in 0.08901 seconds with 9 queries