View Single Post
Old 16 January 2002, 01:09   #6
Bloodwych

WOW, they're some kick-ass lookin' WB being posted on this page. Very impressive. Puts mine to shame!

Am I the the only one that still has a WB that resembles the original 3.1 on a real Amiga? Just call me Mr old timer. Is there anyone out there with a "TV friendly" WB like mine?

After all the A1200/600 was primarily a TV based machine, so I like my Amiga true retro (that's what I tell myself, not that I have much choice ). You can just get away with PAL overscanned WB in my opinion. NTSC must be truely a bad resolution.

Still, like I said my needs are minimalist. You guys obviously use your WB for much more than me. All I need is lots of chip ram, HD space and a fast WB for a '020 14 to run games.

WinUAE and Picasso96 cards aside, Frog that's a cool looking desktop for a "mere" (in modern terms) A1200 '030 50 and 64 colours. Good skills. Never thought it possible.

Retro, looks like you've got an even more powerful machine. What specs? You definitely get the award for the most colours I think I've ever seen used in an OS scheme! That fast RAM looks healthy, although the chip is struggling. How do you guys get around the low chipram problem without graphics cards?

For real Amigas please post what OS you're all running (mines obvious, came with my A1200) and system specs. I like to see how these machines have been pushed!

For WinUAE users, show us how AIAB should look! Burseg, that's a good-looking screen grab, literally!

I'm really impressed - keep up the posts!

I'd especially like to see someone getting the most out of a good old A1200HD '020 14 like my setup, and tell me how it runs.

Akira, is that an A600 WB you have back at home or WinUAE? If you can't give us the pic, give us the specs/details!

Last edited by Bloodwych; 16 January 2002 at 01:28.

Page generated in 0.04630 seconds with 11 queries