View Single Post
Old 28 March 2007, 13:48   #11
Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit
Well, I'm going to try and win some of these mags, but I think it's important that you state whether a particular issue on your site is complete (i.e. EVERY page scanned and upped) - if there's any missing and you can't plug the remaining holes yourself I can try and contribute the missing pages if need be!.
If we have more than just the cover scanned, we probably have the magazine and can easily make scans of it so don't waste your time scanning these - just request the article and we'll try to accomodate it.

Also I still have scans from a large number of issues to upload (mainly Amiga Computing but some others too.)

@mad-matt: the practicality of doing large scale scanning on those wide issues without an A3 scanner makes the exercise quite futile and highly frustrating. I found on the one issue I tried to scan internal pages this way, required me to make several scans of the same page before i got the two scans flat enough on the scanner. In the end I gave up because the exercise wasn't going to be worth the amount of time invested (Note also that my home scanner can do up to US Legal which is both wider and taller than A4 making the job a little easier). Also, you are much more likely to damage your magazines trying to achieve this because you need to press the magazine to the glass much more firmly. Covers are easy because it is easy to get consistent contact between the page and the glass.

It takes long enough to do an issue of a magazine with a fast A3 scanner - but if have lots of patience and you want to try doing it on an A4 scanner be prepared to be frustrated.

Finally, we don't want scans that are cut off on both sides - there are way too many scans like this floating around on the net already.

Page generated in 0.04448 seconds with 10 queries